Susan Harkins (401) [Avatar] Offline
Please post errors found in the published version of Entity Framework Core in Action here. If necessary, we'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. We appreciate your efforts! Thank you!

Regards,
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
584254 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I've noticed at least one spelling or code error in about every 3-5 pages of this book (I'm on page 200 now of the PDF version). This book seems like it was really rushed unless it is still in MEAP and I didn't notice it.
Rafael Brunello (5) [Avatar] Offline
The pdf version is outdated. I've download today morning and in chapter 9, section 9.3.2 I've noticed that title "Remove" doesn't match with "context.Update(myEntity)"
In the live book, it's correct
livebook: Cap 10. Listing 10.8

Missing '#A' break the tooltip feature
Cap 10. Listing 10.9

Tooltip feature is broken.. '#A' contains all others into
livebook. Cap 10. Listing 10.10

"#F" doesn't show tooltip
livebook cap. 11 Listing 11.1

#B
Jon P Smith (40) [Avatar] Offline
Rafael Brunello wrote:The pdf version is outdated. I've download today morning and in chapter 9, section 9.3.2 I've noticed that title "Remove" doesn't match with "context.Update(myEntity)"
In the live book, it's correct

You are correct, the last line of the code in the blue box should read
context.Remove(myEntity);

That is because the live book uses my original figure, but the figures in the PDF/Book were remade by Manning into their format. They must have copy/pasted the last diagram and missed that change. I checked the PDF but I missed that change - sorry.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Rafael Brunello wrote:livebook: Cap 10. Listing 10.8

Missing '#A' break the tooltip feature

Yes, tooltip #A is missing in livebook, but it was corrected in the PDF/book.
Rafael Brunello wrote:Cap 10. Listing 10.9

Tooltip feature is broken.. '#A' contains all others into

Yes, there is something wrong with the tooltips on livebook for litsing 10.9. But it is correct in the PDF/book
Rafael Brunello wrote:livebook. Cap 10. Listing 10.10

"#F" doesn't show tooltip

Yes, tooltip #F is missing from litsing 10.10 in livebook, but it was corrected in the PDF/book.
Rafael Brunello wrote:livebook cap. 11 Listing 11.1

#B

Yes, tooltip #B is missing from listing 11.1 in livebook, but is correct in the PDF/book. I think the livebook is incorrect because there is a missing linefeed.
584254 wrote:I've noticed at least one spelling or code error in about every 3-5 pages of this book (I'm on page 200 now of the PDF version). This book seems like it was really rushed unless it is still in MEAP and I didn't notice it.

Have you got the final copy of the book yet? it is called "Entity_Framework_Core_in_Action.pdf". That version has gone though a copyediting and proofreading stages before going to print, so it should be a lot better than the MEAP versions.
Jason N Haffey (3) [Avatar] Offline
Version: PDF
Page: 6

The link to your github repo for GenericServices does not work correctly. When clicked directs the browser to http://%20mng.bz/2x0T
After manually correcting the HTML Encoding (deleting the 20), the short URL actually redirects to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/install-visual-studio
Hi Jason N Haffey,

Sorry about that. Manning change my links to shortcodes as these work better in the book.

Can you tell us exactly where this occurs - is in chapter 1 where I talk about my "lightbulb moment". Also, the source, e.g. book, PDF, livebook - I checked the book, the PDF, and livebook and there are all OK. Can you tell us exactly where you found it.

PS. In case you need the link
  • - The EF6 version can be found at https://github.com/JonPSmith/GenericServices
    - The EF Core version can be found at https://github.com/JonPSmith/EfCore.GenericServices

• Both libraries have an introductory article, which you can find at the top of the page, under the title.
    No worries, it happens. That is weird though because it is the PDF version and I just downloaded it a day or so ago.

It was in Chapter 1 - Lightbulb moment. The link (without the extra HTML encoding) would go to the VS 2017 Installation help page, which is used later (correctly) in the chapter.

Jon P Smith wrote:Hi Jason N Haffey,

Sorry about that. Manning change my links to shortcodes as these work better in the book.

Can you tell us exactly where this occurs - is in chapter 1 where I talk about my "lightbulb moment". Also, the source, e.g. book, PDF, livebook - I checked the book, the PDF, and livebook and there are all OK. Can you tell us exactly where you found it.

PS. In case you need the link
  • - The EF6 version can be found at https://github.com/JonPSmith/GenericServices
    - The EF Core version can be found at https://github.com/JonPSmith/EfCore.GenericServices

• Both libraries have an introductory article, which you can find at the top of the page, under the title.
    Not really for you Jon but one for Manning themselves...
    In the live book, the bookmarks (navigation) looks correct for chapters/sections/parts but in the PDF I downloaded, I am seeing all kind of crazy numbers in Chapter 2
    2.2 (all ok in here)
    2.3 (all ok in here)
    2.15 (should be 2.4)
    2.15.1 (should be 2.4.1)
    2.15.2 (should be 2.4.2)
    2.16.1 (should be 2.5.1)
    Susan Harkins (401) [Avatar] Offline
    Thank you for letting us know. I'll pass this along. Unfortunately, the conversion process is still a learning process. We appreciate hearing about these cracks so we can attempt to fix them at the source.

Regards,
    Susan Harkins
    Errata Editor
    584254 (2) [Avatar] Offline
    The PDF version is STILL not matching up with the live book. The code is wrong for section 9.3 and the ordering is all messed up. This has been reported before almost 2 months ago. Please fix!