The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

190944 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm trying to code the first example but I'm seeing an exception when I run it. Perhaps someone can give me some advice.

The db is as follows:

dbo.Books
--------------
BookId int
Title nvarchar(MAX)
Description nvarchar(MAX)
PublishedOn datetime2(7)
AuthorId int

dbo.Author
--------------
AuthorId int
Name nvarchar(MAX)
WebUrl nvarchar(MAX)

AppDbContext class is copied from the book with the Books variable defined as - public DbSet<Book> Books { get; set; }

When I run, I see the following exception: SystemData.SqlClient.SqlException 'Invalid object name 'Books'

+ $exception {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'Books'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.Execute(IRelationalConnection connection, DbCommandMethod executeMethod, IReadOnlyDictionary`2 parameterValues)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.ExecuteReader(IRelationalConnection connection, IReadOnlyDictionary`2 parameterValues)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.Internal.QueryingEnumerable`1.Enumerator.BufferlessMoveNext(DbContext _, Boolean buffer)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer.Storage.Internal.SqlServerExecutionStrategy.Execute[TState,TResult](TState state, Func`3 operation, Func`3 verifySucceeded)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.Internal.QueryingEnumerable`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.Internal.LinqOperatorProvider.ExceptionInterceptor`1.EnumeratorExceptionInterceptor.MoveNext()
at MyFirstEFCoreApp.Program.ListAll() in D:\Win10_Repositories\EntityFrameworkCoreInAction\MyFirstEFCoreApp\Program.cs:line 13
at MyFirstEFCoreApp.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Win10_Repositories\EntityFrameworkCoreInAction\MyFirstEFCoreApp\Program.cs:line 35
ClientConnectionId:d4fb1dd9-9a37-4b1a-9dbf-9e49711fa48e
Error Number:208,State:1,Class:16} System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException