Campbell Ritchie (63) [Avatar] Offline
Page 29: it says that apt is installed by default; maybe you should say on Ubuntu or on Debian; on the following page you show that RedHat/CentOS/Fedora uses rpm/yum/dnf instead.
Page 33 calls Redhat “less social”. I know it is much shyer than Ubuntu, which is positively brash and extravert, but, has that shyness anything to do with Redhat's insistence on only putting 100% pukka open‑source stuff in their repos?
Page 33 (bottom) shows the acceptance of a PGP key. What is likely to happen if you simply accept the PGP key without checking its fingerprint against a website?
David Clinton (81) [Avatar] Offline
Campbell Ritchie wrote:Page 29: it says that apt is installed by default; maybe you should say on Ubuntu or on Debian; on the following page you show that RedHat/CentOS/Fedora uses rpm/yum/dnf instead.

The connection between APT and "The manager" a bit later is a bit too close, I'll agree. But, especially since we're so close to publishing, I would say that "In the Linux world, package managers..." helps to separate the two.

Page 33 calls Redhat “less social”. I know it is much shyer than Ubuntu, which is positively brash and extravert, but, has that shyness anything to do with Redhat's insistence on only putting 100% pukka open‑source stuff in their repos?

smilie
I've heard other interpretations of Yum's choices, but I'll accept your positive spin. smilie

Page 33 (bottom) shows the acceptance of a PGP key. What is likely to happen if you simply accept the PGP key without checking its fingerprint against a website?

Good point.
Campbell Ritchie (63) [Avatar] Offline
David Clinton wrote:. . . I've heard other interpretations of Yum's choices . . . .
Hahahahahahahahaha!