eogas (2) [Avatar] Offline
I don't know how much the 2nd edition is still in flux, or whether it's too late in the game to make changes like this, but I figured I would mention that I find the blue, script typeface used in some of the figures to be very difficult to read.

I've only just started reading the liveBook, so I don't know how prevalent this is, but figure 1.13, for example, is especially bad. Not only is the blue text quite small, but it overlaps other parts of the diagram, further muddling things up. Even on the figures where this blue script text is larger, the font makes it hard enough to read on its own.

Not sure if this is the sort of feedback you're looking for on these forums, but I figured I'd mention it. Have a good day!
Steven van Deursen (34) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for your comment.

We are aware that the readability of the annotations on the figures is currently not great. This is because of the size, color and type of font we used, while the low image resolution also plays a part. This is something that will certainly be fixed before we go to print.

falthazar (3) [Avatar] Offline
Sort of related to that, but what do you use to create the diagrams? I want to diagram my program a bit before I get started, but don't know a good way to do that.
Steven van Deursen (34) [Avatar] Offline
You can use a wide range of tools to create diagram, such as Microsoft Visio or PlantUML (which is a DSL for describing UML in a text-bases DSL, see: http://plantuml.com/). For the MEAP, we used Lucidchart, which is a (payed) online tool for creating charts and diagrams.