The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Please post errors in the published version of Isomorphic Web Applications here. If necessary, we'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Manning Publications
468060 (123) [Avatar] Offline
Why would we bother? I have posted errata to dozens of typos, grammatical errors and technical mistakes in this and other Manning titles. I have typically received one of two responses: either my input is ignored and the mistakes are included in the printed book anyway; or, alternatively, I get abuse from Manning 'editors'. Occasionally, the mistake is so glaring that even the author feels the need to correct it: for example, in one case, entire paragraphs were inserted into the text from a completely different book. Nobody, including the technical editors, had noticed. I have never once received thanks from Manning for my hours of unpaid work.
Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
I'm sorry you feel like Manning doesn't appreciate your efforts to share errata. We certainly do -- as the Errata Editor, I especially do. Because the books are intellectual property, we can't post corrections without an author's consent. For better or worse, some authors are more responsive to the errata process than others. I'm glad to report, that many of our books have published lists that the authors update regularly, almost always with the help of readers like you! We do appreciate readers who take the time to share errors and corrections with other readers via the forum. I hope you will continue to do so.

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
468060 (123) [Avatar] Offline
Another problem is that your proof-readers don't understand the difference between colons and semi-colons, and use them pretty much at random.