449345 (1) [Avatar] Offline
The book is great and was working well until I get 2.7
The app is stuck on "Loading" which means the http request is not going through building the stock list data.

I used code from book, as well as code from github and it is not working.

Anyone have code for angular 6 where this works?
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Could you provide more detail about what is failing and have you run the code directly from GitHub as a finished project?
610899 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm new to Angular. When I finish coding with the help of this book until Listing 2.9. I got this problem:
Uncaught Error: Template parse errors:
Can't bind to 'stock' since it isn't a known property of 'summary'. ("
</header>
<main class="mdl-layout__content" style="padding: 20px;" *ngIf="stocks">
<summary [ERROR ->][stock]="stokcs[0]"></summary>
</main>
</div>
"): ng:///AppModule/AppComponent.html@13:11
at syntaxError (compiler.js:2547)
at TemplateParser.push../node_modules/@angular/compiler/fesm5/compiler.js.TemplateParser.parse (compiler.js:19495)
at JitCompiler.push../node_modules/@angular/compiler/fesm5/compiler.js.JitCompiler._parseTemplate (compiler.js:25041)
at JitCompiler.push../node_modules/@angular/compiler/fesm5/compiler.js.JitCompiler._compileTemplate (compiler.js:2502smilie
at compiler.js:24971
at Set.forEach (<anonymous>smilie
at JitCompiler.push../node_modules/@angular/compiler/fesm5/compiler.js.JitCompiler._compileComponents (compiler.js:24971)
at compiler.js:24881
at Object.then (compiler.js:253smilie
at JitCompiler.push../node_modules/@angular/compiler/fesm5/compiler.js.JitCompiler._compileModuleAndComponents (compiler.js:24880)
I googled a lot, but I still can't fix it. I use Angular 7 and there are a little differences from your code but you said this is normal. Can you refer what's wrong with my code?
610899 (2) [Avatar] Offline
emmmmm
@Component({
selector: 'app-summary',

turn into 'summary'

but this 'app-summary' is generated automatically by the Angular CLI. Where's its intelligence?
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
In this case, Angular CLI generates a prefix for all components and the demos here were created before the CLI even existed. Hence they don't follow that convention, but you can easily change the prefix default in the angular.json file to be blank, or just manually change the selector in the component.