The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
#1
[Originally posted by kellert]

First, let me thank you for a really excellent and useful book.

Do you have any suggestions for parsing MS Excel workbooks and the
contained-therein worksheets?
I've just installed Spreadsheet:smiliearseExcel, but the documentation is very
sparse.
Thanks,
Tom K.
import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
#2
Re: parsing Excel workbooks and worksheets
[Originally posted by dave]

> First, let me thank you for a really excellent and useful book.

Thank you very much.

> Do you have any suggestions for parsing MS Excel workbooks and the
> contained-therein worksheets?
> I've just installed Spreadsheet:smiliearseExcel, but the documentation is very
> sparse.

I'm lucky enough not to have to deal with Microsoft file formats very
frequently. On the few occasions that I've had to extract data from Excel
files, I've always saved the file in CSV format first.

Or, if you have questions on using Spreadsheet:smiliearseExcel, it might be worth
contacting the author.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Dave...
import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
#3
Re: parsing Excel workbooks and worksheets
[Originally posted by fuckerieder]

> > First, let me thank you for a really excellent and useful book.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> > Do you have any suggestions for parsing MS Excel workbooks and the
> > contained-therein worksheets?
> > I've just installed Spreadsheet:smiliearseExcel, but the documentation is very
> > sparse.
>
> I'm lucky enough not to have to deal with Microsoft file formats very
> frequently. On the few occasions that I've had to extract data from Excel
> files, I've always saved the file in CSV format first.
>
> Or, if you have questions on using Spreadsheet:smiliearseExcel, it might be worth
> contacting the author.
>
> Sorry I can't be any more help.
>
> Dave...