The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

572064 (2) [Avatar] Offline
According to Amazon UK, this had a release date of 28th of May this year (Monday just gone). I placed a pre-order a couple of weeks ago, and it now says the book is released, but temporarily out of stock. Am I to take it that Amazon have got the dates wrong?
jon.skeet (483) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, Amazon is very definitely wrong! I'm still writing the book, then it needs to go through editing, production, printing etc...

If you're able to cancel your Amazon order though, you can get the early access edition from Manning directly. (I realize you may have chosen to use Amazon for hard copy, to avoid shipping costs.)
572064 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Well they're now saying that they're expecting it in September or October, which might not be correct, but is a least in the future.

Their price is quite good (£26.53 including postage), and I've got a few other books I need to read (and I have an earlier edition on loan too), so I'll probably wait rather than cancel unless the MEAP combo price drops.