The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

edalorzo (3) [Avatar] Offline
I started reading the book today and I was following the examples in chapter two. I tried the YeoMan generator and it didn't work for me. It seems the generator is not using .net core 2.0 already and that breaks the builds (at least for the F# Console Application template I tried. Honestly after this failed I didn't try the rest of templates).

There seems to be a ticket opened about this since last year. Not sure this project is being maintained.
https://github.com/OmniSharp/generator-aspnet/issues/944

Anyways, I thought this was worth some consideration, since it was suggested in the book as a tool to generate projects out of some available templates and it didn't work for me.
Dustin Metzgar (26) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks so much for pointing this out. It is definitely abandoned. We removed the section about using Yeoman from that chapter in time.