The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

199399 (12) [Avatar] Offline
It looks like the book has been delayed a lot. I think by printing around 'early 2019' , C# 8 will be there, will the book be updated to C# 8 (even maybe 8.2 or 8.3) ?
jon.skeet (483) [Avatar] Offline
The book is nearing completion in terms of content. I will be editing chapter 15 to include what we know about C# 8 at the moment, but I expect the book to go "into production" (copy editing, layout etc) a long time before C# 8 is actually released. I'd be very surprised if C# 8 were fully released before the book were printed, even - if you look at the *potential* features that the C# team has talked about, there are a lot which are still very much up in the air. Given the magnitude of the nullable references change, I expect the team will want a pretty significant preview period, too.