452465 (3) [Avatar] Offline
This book has pretty good content. However, writing is so poor, I would suggest that manning editors perform major rewrite of the book. Writing makes it very hard to read and follow
helen.stergius (15) [Avatar] Offline
Hello!
What you are reading is indeed an unedited draft, as all MEAPs are before production.

Not only is it a draft, English is the author's third languageā€”not even his second one! I'm always impressed by our authors who not only choose to take on the daunting task of writing a book in their spare time on a difficult subject, but also choose to do so in a language that is not their own.

I'm sure if he had written it in his native Danish, or perhaps his close-second Italian, the sentence structure and grammar would have been much cleaner, but we'd have had to find a translator then. We should all be glad he didn't attempt this in any of the other languages he's not quite fluent in - boy it would have been a mess to read through in a mixture of Nordic languages, Spanish, and German! English was more efficient, even though it seems a little bit messy if you don't know the back story.

I was speaking with the author just today. His book is about 3/4 of the way through copy editing and by all accounts the copy editor is sorting things out quite thoroughly. I know some people might think we should copy edit books even before they are in MEAP, but by definition our MEAP program is for early access to drafts, so that would defeat the purpose of the program.

We appreciate you wading through Kim's imperfect English draft to get to the heart of his material, and we assure you that the manuscript is being thoroughly edited before the final version is released.