The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

hettlage (136) [Avatar] Offline
While I can understand that you don't want to overcomplicate the content in Chapter 3, I feel a bit uneasy about the fact that content type and HTTP status aren't mentioned in Chapter 3. I guess you will discuss them elsewhere in the book, but even so I feel you should warn the reader that there are such things and that they are important.
Arnaud Lauret (10) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
There are so many things that are important, but I can't talk about them all at once smilie
Chapter 3 focus on really basic usage of HTTP do design a programming interface in the nominal case (no error)
HTTP status codes are introduced in chapter 4 with the OpenAPI specification but really discussed in chapter 5 (Designing straightforward APIs) when discussing about error feedback.
Content negotiation will be discussed in chapter 6 (Designing predictable APIs).

But I keep your feedback in mind, the book will evolve as it is written to adjust all chapters together in a consistent whole.
Thanks.

Arnaud