464693 (7) [Avatar] Offline
this is good book but i quite surprise that we didn't hear from author for almost 5 month!!!
can you tell us something when next chapter is release and why it take too long
Andrew Betts (15) [Avatar] Offline
I was coming to ask the same thing.
523245 (1) [Avatar] Offline
"Good book" is a bit of an understatement, no? It's amazing!
Amazing or not, we still need an update.
463076 (1) [Avatar] Offline
The last mail I received from Andrew Trask was on 12th April 2017, how can there be no communication for over a year? That too with respect to a product that he's accepted money for upfront??
Andrey C. (14) [Avatar] Offline
That's the reason I claimed my money back, sorry, no updates for months is definitely a bad attitude ... the book is far away from being perfect in terms of typos or information completeness IMHO
e19293001 (12) [Avatar] Offline
The author's github for the book has been updated.

https://github.com/iamtrask/Grokking-Deep-Learning

But please, it would be nice to see a reply from the author.
People would like to know an update.
Can someone contact him?
srepho (3) [Avatar] Offline
Having seen some of the comments he has made on social media I get the impression he is working on chapter 10. I appreciate its a little frustrating having such a long delay, but the books is excellent and whilst Deep Learning moves fast, the practical theory of how it works is relatively stable. Hopefully the rest of the book is coming along and of the same quality as what we received previously.
srepho wrote:Having seen some of the comments he has made on social media I get the impression he is working on chapter 10. I appreciate its a little frustrating having such a long delay, but the books is excellent and whilst Deep Learning moves fast, the practical theory of how it works is relatively stable. Hopefully the rest of the book is coming along and of the same quality as what we received previously.

That's great and all, but really he should be coming and making the comments here too. This is the forum for the book, not other social media outlets. Lack of response from him and/or Manning is really starting to go to far here.
it will be half of a year -*-
130980 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Yeah its pretty disappointing. Is there a refund time frame if nothing else gets done? At this rate deep learning will be an outdated technology and the book would be useless anyway.
i try to contact him via Facebook he doesn't read it tho
Quazi-Irfan (2) [Avatar] Offline
I've tweeted him asking about the pending 5 chapters. Here is a link to the tweet : https://twitter.com/quazirfan/status/1001359895747284992