biospringxyz (89) [Avatar] Offline
The para above Section 1.2:
This is not really what you would have have probably imagine -> This may not really be what you would probably imagine

And therefore we will certainly will not be succeed in the design of APIs -> And therefore, we will certainly not succeed in the design of APIs

The last sentence above section 1.2.2:
But why would a developer uses another software into his or her own one -> But why would a developer use another software in his or her own one

The last sentence above section 1.3.1:
A poor designed API, whatever its purpose -> A poorly designed API, whatever its purpose
Arnaud Lauret (10) [Avatar] Offline
The book will be edited to fix all that and some of my frenglish sentences smilie

Message to all: all typo feedback are welcome, but do not create new topics, use this topic Typos and suggestions instead to signal them.

Thanks
Arnaud.
anchnk (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Arnaud,

Thank for you the book, I am digging the content so far.
Here's a small typo I spotted:

In Chapter 2, Section 4.1 (2.4.1 How Data Influence API Design):

Let's say our Shopping API implementations handles customer...CUSA and CUSA -> should be CUSA and CUSB.

Renaming read CUSA and read CUSA_ -> Renaming read CUSA and read CUSB
578881 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Page 1, 2nd paragraph:
When building and evolving an API based system, weither it is visible to anyone or deeply hidden, weither it provides a single or many APIs,

I believe these should be "whether".

Same for Page 5, 3rd paragraph:
Weither it’s a mobile application interacting with its backend server application

As well as Page 15, last paragraph:
As APIs are remote interfaces, all software which are part of a system may run on different computers connected by some networks weither it is a private one or the Internet.
runlevl4 (5) [Avatar] Offline
p10, 1.2

And therefore we will certainly will not be succeed in the design of APIs.

Should read "And therefore, we will certainly not be successful in the design of APIs"

You will discover later in this book that contenting these two users is critical when designing an API.
Considering perhaps? And since you're talking about developers and software, "agents" might be better than "users".