The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

welkie (26) [Avatar] Offline
It looks like a page from somewhere in the book's content got put as the page 2 accidentally. I already tested downloading it again and it's still present. See this screenshot, it's directly after the title page: https://imgur.com/gallery/7AKLk
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Ah yes, that is actually intentional. It’s the inside cover, which is a ‘preview’ of some of the content inside (though its a summary of one key piece). It does seem to be floating a bit in the PDF but in print version its more obvious.
welkie (26) [Avatar] Offline
Gotcha, that clears it up. I think for a PDF it would make more sense to exclude that page. As strange as it sounds, I'm too young to have started learning programing before the internet existed, so I'm not familiar at all with paperback programming books. It gave me the impression that a page had been put in the wrong place, which made me fear I'd encounter a missing page at some point later on.

In the end, I apologize if I sound picky, perhaps it's just the perfectionist in me. I've followed your book since later in its MEAP and so far it's been an amazing resource for learning Angular. I fulfill the back end role on my projects, so my goal is to learn the basics behind wiring things up, as opposed to studying other aspects like design. Having Clarity in my toolbox instead of just Bootstrap helps keep things fresh. I like that addition.

I look forward to finishing the book, and if you find the time, I hope to see a refresh of Ionic in Action from you in the future. smilie