The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

vyurik (76) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Ken,
I need clarification about Chapter 2 and Chapter 8 admin app connection.
My previous download of June 2017, did not have the admin folder in Chapter 2.
Now, Manning source-code.zip Chapter 2 has admin folder. However, the text of Chapter 2 never mentions the code and content of admin folder.
Chapter 8 says something like: let's take the admin folder source code from Chapter 2 and implement different tests of the code. It looks like Chapter 8 code does take the Chapter 2 admin code, adds tests, and adds admin clients.
The questions I have are:
1. If Chapter 8 tests Chapter 2 code, then shouldn't it be description of the admin functionality
in Chapter 2. Again, until today, I was not even aware of admin folder existence in Chapter 2 source code?
2. If Chapter 8 and Chapter 2 are not connected (as it seems today) then shouldn't Chapter 8 contain more description of what we are testing?

Thanks for the clarification,
Vitaly

Ken Finnigan (21) [Avatar] Offline
Vitaly,

Unfortunately the code has been updated but not the book content for some already existing chapters.

I'm hoping over the coming weeks this gets rectified.

Sorry for the confusion

Ken