The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Nick Chase (28) [Avatar] Offline
So the idea of the MEAP program is to let readers like you see books (and now video courses) early. It's good for you, because you don't have to wait until it's finished, and it's good for me, because I get feedback from you before finalizing the output.

The thing about these video courses, though, is that the writing is the easy part; I've actually written all of the code, and even the entire script. (Well, except for Unit 10, which is changing so fast it's futile for me to do that before the last minute.) It's the PRODUCTION that takes a long time.

So here's my question to you: how "raw" is too raw for you when it comes to the videos? I already know that the audio on units 1 and 2 need to be re-recorded, and that some of the visuals need to be reshot at higher resolution. But would you find a video useful if it had all of the necessary charts, graphs. and code, but where "decorative" images will eventually go there was placeholder text?

I'm asking because if so, it'll be MUCH easier (and faster!) to get you the basic content, then circle back and pretty things up afterwards.

What do you think?

---- Nick
ktexinterinc (1) [Avatar] Offline
good
Nick Chase (28) [Avatar] Offline
Awesome. Anybody else?