ssharma (51) [Avatar] Offline

1. I like watching videos in Fullscreen mode. Once a video is finished it is automatically jumping to a small screen. I would like the course to continue to next video in Full-Screen mode. How can I do that?
2. I do not see the text/transcription associated with the video? I only see an empty frame?
3. The videos are shown in very poor resolution. How can I change it to FULL HD (1080P)?
4. I need the code to follow along. Where can I download code associated with the course?
5. How can I download all videos to watch offline? Looks like interface only provides painful single video downloads.

thanks,
Nick Chase (25) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, ssharma! Let me take these one at a time. smilie

>> 1. I like watching videos in Fullscreen mode. Once a video is finished it is automatically jumping to a small screen. I would like the course to continue to next video in Full-Screen mode. How can I do that?

I'll pass this on to The Powers That Be at Manning.

>> 2. I do not see the text/transcription associated with the video? I only see an empty frame?

The transcription will be there later on when the video is finalized.

>> 3. The videos are shown in very poor resolution. How can I change it to FULL HD (1080P)?

The video is still at an interim stage, and will be at a better resolution when the course is final.

>> 4. I need the code to follow along. Where can I download code associated with the course?

I've got an answer for that one! smilie You can get all of the code here: https://github.com/nickchase/ml4meremortals

>> 5. How can I download all videos to watch offline? Looks like interface only provides painful single video downloads.

I'll have to pass that one on as well.

Thanks!

---- Nick
ssharma (51) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks,
476751 (4) [Avatar] Offline
I think there are some issues with video playback tool:
- when playing a video (on my desktop using Chrome), I can only play the video (and go to next video); the links at the top do not work (home, Manning, video sections, etc.), so I have multiple Chrome tabs open
- also, it seems to be hit-and-miss in terms of tracking a video view (for "completed" marker)
Thanks, Brian, I'll make sure the tech people get that.

---- Nick
Ozren Harlovic (28) [Avatar] Offline
476751 wrote:I think there are some issues with video playback tool:
- when playing a video (on my desktop using Chrome), I can only play the video (and go to next video); the links at the top do not work (home, Manning, video sections, etc.), so I have multiple Chrome tabs open
- also, it seems to be hit-and-miss in terms of tracking a video view (for "completed" marker)

Hi,
Can you provide more details about your setup? We're unable to reproduce the issue with the links not opening. Desktop/Chrome is the most widely used combination but this is the first time this issue came up.
You can PM me. Thanks!
MSZ (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I like it. I noticed that in the part where you talk about the math (part 2 "scalar & vectors) at minute 2:03 you show a formula. Please correct the exponents.
a2 and a squared are different smilie

I notice that sometimes you make a pause but nothing happens in the video. It's ok but at times a bit ''confusing''

Nice job anyway!
Kind regards,
Marco S. Zuppone
MSZ wrote:Hello,

I like it. I noticed that in the part where you talk about the math (part 2 "scalar & vectors) at minute 2:03 you show a formula. Please correct the exponents.
a2 and a squared are different smilie

I notice that sometimes you make a pause but nothing happens in the video. It's ok but at times a bit ''confusing''

Thanks for the feedback, Marco, and great catch! I'll get that fixed on the next go-round.

---- Nick