The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Nick Chase (28) [Avatar] Offline
Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to see you here! I'm in the process of putting together some live video sessions (as opposed to liveVideo sessions smilie) and I'm soliciting topics. Are there particular topics you'd like to hear about?

Thanks...

---- Nick
ssharma (51) [Avatar] Offline
I would like to see the following topics:
- XGBoost
- ROC Curve, Profit Curve, F1 Score
- Imbalanced classes
- Lasso & Ridge regression models
- Handling of Large categorical values / Sparse Matrix
- NLP Models (TFIDF, Word2vec, seq2seq)
Thanks, @ssharma! I'll get them on the list.

---- Nick
476751 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Nick,
I have completed the first two sections, and followed-along and run the .py files.
I have done a number of Python courses (2 not 3, as of yet), so I have a general understanding of the code you are scripting. And I did a full year of stats at university!
I think it would be great if you did a general overview of Tensorflow capabilities within Python, add some more description on what the lines of code are doing, and highlight how the code is flowing together.
Thanks!
Brian.
Excellent. Thanks, Brian!