anthony44 (3) [Avatar] Offline
First, Thanks John for this amazing work.

I'm a newbie and after reading (a couple of times smilie ...), i reach my goal to sell this solution to my company.
Next, I want to go ahead with deploy them on the cloud ...
K8s is clearly not the best solution: needs to rewrite all the project so a big effort.
ECS seems the good one but i'm afraid that it is not the future for spring cloud... What about netflix projects ?
Could anyone can give me some words to resolve this issue ?

One more question : i need to publish data from local oracle database to postgre database. I think about stream (kafka). A microservice scheduler push data to microservice licencing (for ex) as EDA. Did you think this approach is a good one ?

Cheers
runlevl4 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Why do you feel that k8s is off the table and that you'd have to re-write everything? If you're considering ECS I can only presume that you're dealing with Docker containers so I don't see an issue with either one. fwiw, k8s is the industry leader in orchestration solutions. Heck, even Docker and Mesos are lending it more focus/support than their own offerings. Rancher is also doubling down on it with the 2.0 release.
Morgan Bruce (4) [Avatar] Offline
I'd strongly recommend Kubernetes for running containers; it's rapidly becoming industry-standard, and all major cloud providers have a managed option (although EKS is still in preview only on AWS). So long as you can containerize your applications, they shouldn't need to be rewritten.

i need to publish data from local oracle database to postgre database. I think about stream (kafka). A microservice scheduler push data to microservice licencing (for ex) as EDA. Did you think this approach is a good one ?

I'd normally be inclined to publish and consume events to other services at the application layer, rather than trying to sync data from database to database. If you need to do this in real-time, Kafka could work (although you'd then have the overhead of running Kafka); if batched, ETL tools would do the trick. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Oracle's EDA system and can't comment on that part of the suggestion...