Marc (34) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
Calibrating your audience is always tough, but I'd like to suggest that people exploring Xamarin are likely to be newbies to mobile in general. That is clearly true for me.

The extent to which my Samsung Galaxy S4 without an SD card acts like a USB-connected filesystem is amazing. The only thing I can't do is assign it a drive letter. Otherwise, Windows Explorer is perfectly happy with it.
Therefore, when PCLStorage said I was getting file at /data/data/com.mycompany.projectname/files/database.db3 I fully expected to see the file in Windows Explorer.
But no such luck.

1. Where are the db3 files stored?
2. As I "junk up" my phone with experimental and otherwise brain-dead databases, how do I clean them up?

Reading Listing 7.8 and the surrounding text I formed the opinion that each table needed its own file.
Clearly not true.
A sentence or two, to that effect, might save someone else from the same misconception.

Thx,
M.

Jim Bennett (86) [Avatar] Offline
The text is pretty much locked down now, so can't really make that update - but a lot of databases have a single file on disk that contains multiple tables and I haven't heard that feedback from anyone else. As you can imagine it's always hard to please everybody! smilie

The database file is stored inside your app bundle on disk, so when you delete your app the database is deleted. If you want to pull the file off the device then you can use the Android device monitor can be used to access the file system and download files: https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/device-file-explorer.html