Yan Cui (65) [Avatar] Offline
Hi everyone, first of all, thank you all for checking out and supporting the course this early on, sorry for the long delay between updates, the next 2 units should go live in the next couple of days I hope, and we have made some changes to the table of content to reflect the most frequently asked questions that seem to always pop up:
  • CI/CD has been moved up to unit 5

• a new unit is added (unit 6) to discuss strategies for project organization (i.e. how to organize functions into repos)

• An interesting question popped up during the technical review for one of the upcoming units and I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on it so I get a better idea on how to organize the hands-on demos going forward.

With the hands-on demos in the course, do you prefer to see:
    A. a clean path to the solution, and then a separate module that discusses potential pitfalls (e.g. unit 3 - testing)
    B. bump into problems, and iteratively fix them until we eventually arrive at the intended solution (e.g. unit 5 - CI/CD which would hopefully be available by the time you read this)
    C. something else, please elaborate in your reply

On the one hand, I see the learning value from experiencing those potential problems. But on the other hand, I appreciate it can be disruptive to your learning experience, and sometimes we just want to know the clean path to success so we can easily go back to it, without the constant distractions of "what can go wrong", like a cooking recipe.

Anyways, let me know your preferences in the replies smilie
    Phil Caithness (3) [Avatar] Offline
    I would go with option A.
    I think the learning is clearer when its not interrupted by failures, and then a discussion of pitfalls.
    240885 (1) [Avatar] Offline
    Agree with @Phil Caithness - option A is preferable. Would still mention potential pitfalls during the video when topic that is being discussed is complex and the implications of doing the wrong thing would be potentially serious (e.g. security, AWS billing/costs, etc), but don't need to spend time iterating to get to the best solution.