The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

503108 (6) [Avatar] Offline
What's the target date of availability of pbook of this book. I have placed an order for pbook to be shipped to India.
Jon P Smith (40) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

At the moment Amazon says 28th March 2018. I am waiting for production to get in touch with me. If I hear anything I will let you know.
ok thanks
Hi Jon when is the pbook expected. I am waiting for the same.
Hi,

I don't have a firm date from Manning - I think it won't be printed until April, but that is a guess based on the production process, which has 21 steps! At least you can access the eBook in the meantime

I am surprised, in a good way, about how much work goes into proof-reading, checking, indexing etc. the book before print. Currently a copyeditor is going through every chapter and asking me to check/fix things. That takes time, but the end result is going to be better.

Also, I am taking the opportunity to add notes and a new appendix on the upcoming EF Core 2.1 release. That should help the book stay relevant for longer.
Hi,

I have been pestering production for weeks and we now have a date for a printed book - end of May. That is very late, but I have done everything I could to improve that date. The problem is their production process to very detailed and there are a lot of books going through at this time.

I have arranged for another MEAP release with my changes to be sent out - it should be out in a week or two's time.
welkie (26) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jon,

Hijacking the thread to comment... Thanks for the extra MEAP update to get some 2.1 coverage in there. It's nice to see that kind of commitment from authors.
Thanks. I took advantage to the production process to add some things, like comments on how the upcoming 2.1 version of EF Core would alter things where I could.

I also changed the parts about Domain-Driven Design are I have had time after finishing the book to work on viable patterns for DDD. I am now much more in favour of DDD-styled entity classes - see section 10.4
562029 (1) [Avatar] Offline
On this quick note learning pbooks have recommended dissertation help uk the students determine if the objectives and assessments acquiring content knowledge.
515392 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Do we have an update on when we can expect the print version?
Another delay at Manning's end - see this tweet for the full story, with two tweets from Manning.

The only good thing about the delay is that I managed to add notes and an appendix about EF Core version 2.1.

I'm personally very sorry for the delay, but its in Manning hands and I can't do anything about that.
515392 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Cheers Jon