236297 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I was messing with SquareRt sample app project and after some updates, and changes I started to get following exception when running it on iOS simulator:

Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Application windows are expected to have a root view controller at the end of application launch

In output I see::

mvx:Diagnostic:  0.25 PresentationAttribute nor MasterNavigationController found for SquareRtView. Assuming Root presentation
2017-12-29 14:04:50.661 SquareRt.iOS[1615:144920] *** Assertion failure in -[UIApplication _runWithMainScene:transitionContext:completion:], /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/UIKit_Sim/UIKit-3698.33.6/UIApplication.m:3529

The original project from sources zip works as expected, I compared it (each file and folder) and I don't see any differences. I upgraded both projects to MvvmCross 5.6.3, and still original project does work, but my does not.

What could be the reason for this exception? I understand that MvvmCross for some reasons is not able to find my SquareRtView, but I don't understand why.

Thanks,
Martin
236297 (4) [Avatar] Offline
After downgrading MvvmCross to 5.2 it started to work, upgrading back to 5.6.3 and all is still ok. I am not sure what was the cause of the problem.
Jim Bennett (88) [Avatar] Offline
Hey - sorry for taking a while to respond, been a bit offline over the Christmas period.

It's weird that you were getting that error, but it's good that it's gone away. I know there have been a lot of changes to the presentation layers in MvvmCross since 5.2, so what probably happened is after upgrading when you built and deployed you got a mixture of old and new assemblies in the final build and the presenter layer got confused so didn't show the first storyboard on app start up.

Glad it's all working.