The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

468060 (123) [Avatar] Offline
I can't find any references to the versions of the libraries you are installing (e.g., p.19, p.25). This is crucial: many Manning books have code which is a year or two out of date, even at the time of publication. Even without this problem, new libraries obviously come along, many with breaking changes.
Marc Garreau (28) [Avatar] Offline
Good point! We've left out the version numbers upon writing, figuring we'd have to update things before long. We're in the last couple days of updating code before production now - here's a look some of what we've updated to:

"react": "^16.2.0",
    "react-dom": "^16.2.0",
    "react-redux": "^5.0.6",
    "redux": "^3.7.2",
    "redux-saga": "^0.16.0",
    "redux-thunk": "^2.2.0",
    "reselect": "^3.0.1"

We will spell these version numbers out somewhere before we go to print.

*edit - just a note: no code needed to change as a result of these updates (including the move from React 15 to 16). Testing with enzyme needed a small update, but those details have been incorporated into the Testing chapter for the production release.
468060 (123) [Avatar] Offline
I couldn't find this list in version 8 of your book, nor any other references to the versions of the libraries which you used. I apologize if I have missed this.