Jeff Hachtel (4) [Avatar] Offline
**I don't know how to delete this, so I'll comment on it here and leave it, I suppose.**

I was so caught up in the error that I forgot the text said I would get it, so nevermind.

I believe, but am not 100% sure the line, "key: my video.mp4 my video.mp4 my video", I see qualifies as "the values of key, sourceKey, and outputKey", the book says I should see in my terminal. If so, nothing to see here, you don't need to see my identification, move along. smilie

-------------
Hello,

I am working through the book and at section 3.1.5 Testing Locally I am getting an error message that says ..."lambda-upload is not authorized to perform: elastictranscoder:CreateJob on resource:"...

I've checked and re-checked that I typed everything in properly, but can't find my error. I've traced the various "at"s and don't see any issue, but I am new to AWS. The role appears to be set up properly, so I'm a bit lost.

I'm going to keep on working to figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look to uncover my mistake? Do you need more information?

Thanks in advance for your guidance, and Happy Thanksgiving!

- Jeff
426515 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have to put the event.json file in the folder where the index.js is , not in tests folder. If I put it in the tests folder, it says it can not find module c:\transcode-video\event.json. Have you seen this problem?
426515 wrote:I have to put the event.json file in the folder where the index.js is , not in tests folder. If I put it in the tests folder, it says it can not find module c:\transcode-video\event.json. Have you seen this problem?

Yes, I have. Check this thread out: https://forums.manning.com/posts/list/42133.page

The zip file has to recursively include all subfolders. If this isn't the problem, I don't know what else it could be; I'm new to this too.

Good luck,

- Jeff
426515 (2) [Avatar] Offline
The error doesn't happen during deployment. It happens during the local testing. It works if I put the event.json directly where the index.js is. I was able to deploy without excluding the .json in the predeploy section of the package.json and uploading files transcodes the files.
426515 wrote:The error doesn't happen during deployment. It happens during the local testing. It works if I put the event.json directly where the index.js is. I was able to deploy without excluding the .json in the predeploy section of the package.json and uploading files transcodes the files.

Here is the line from my package.json file I think calls the event.json file. Check your syntax. If it matches, I'm going to have to bow out of the convo and let someone who knows something step in to help.

"test": "run-local-lambda --file index.js --event tests/event.json",

- Jeff