The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

alienMethod (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm just starting with React Native. I've gone through the little "Getting Started" tutorial where they have you setup an app via create-react-native-app (and Expo). I'm wondering why the book doesn't seem to mention create-react-native-app.
Is create-react-native-app the new preferred way of starting a project, or do you recommend sticking with "react-native init"?
287516 (45) [Avatar] Offline
When we wrote the first chapter create-react-native-app was not available, but you are right it is now one of the main ways to create a new React Native project. I think we will be revising the first chapter to mention this and discuss the differences between the two methods of app creation. Thanks for the heads up!
287516 (45) [Avatar] Offline
This has been updated and will be in the next release, thanks again!