The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

384630 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hey,

I'm going through the book and I wanted to share errata/typos I've found through the book:

Chapter 3, just after the explanation of fold you can read: "Summing is done using a pure, higher order function, +, so there is no chance of a side effect in the summing function causing unforeseen problems."

But "+" is not a high order function, the high order function here is fold. "+" is pure but not a high order function.

In the same chapter, this sentence has a huge typo:

"Thanks to a recently signed contract with technology consultants Vulture Corp., you know have access to some sensor data about the movement of land-bound animals (Figure 3.3)."