90931 (3) [Avatar] Offline
error.log
[ 3 KB ]
I am getting a yaml parsing error when I try to execute the atomic-openshift-installer command. These are the 2 errors:

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/yaml/parser.py", line 439, in parse_block_mapping_key
"expected <block end>, but found %r" % token.id, token.start_mark)
yaml.parser.ParserError: while parsing a block mapping
in "<string>", line 5, column 3:
ansible_ssh_user: root
^
expected <block end>, but found '<block mapping start>'
in "<string>", line 24, column 4:
roles:

I have attached the full error log.

Mark
I finally figured out that I needed to delete an old /root/.config/openshift/installer.cfg.yml that was causing the error. Then the -u and --force command lines threw errors of unknown command. This is what I finally used: atomic-openshift-installer -u -c </path/to/file> install

Mark
Jamie Duncan (17) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, Mark!

Appendix A (and a soon to come Appendix E) are on the editing block this weekend. I'll add this to the mix!

-jduncan
Jamie Duncan wrote:

Appendix A (and a soon to come Appendix E) are on the editing block this weekend. I'll add this to the mix!

-jduncan

While OpenShift now installs, the web console was not running. I then tried to use the OpenShift Ansible playbook with a modified /etc/ansible/hosts. But the installation would error out when trying to restart the origin-master-api.service. From the error logs, it looked like the ssl connection was being rejected. I have been able to get MiniShift to work on my Mac. I will use that until your next update.

Thanks for your book, it is helping with learning OpenShift.
Jamie Duncan (17) [Avatar] Offline
When the API server won't start, is etcd running?

systemctl status etcd