The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

256377 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm trying to get the Vagrant box to work on Fedora 26. I installed the vagrant package (I already have a working VirtualBox installation), but when trying to start the "primary" Vagrant box, it complained about libvirt missing. I installed vagrant-libvirt, and started the libvirtd service, but Vagrant is still not happy. it tells me:

Bringing machine 'primary' up with 'libvirt' provider...
==> primary: Box 'gmr/rmqid-primary' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
primary: Box Provider: libvirt
primary: Box Version: >= 0
==> primary: Loading metadata for box 'gmr/rmqid-primary'
primary: URL: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/gmr/rmqid-primary
The box you're attempting to add doesn't support the provider
you requested. Please find an alternate box or use an alternate
provider. Double-check your requested provider to verify you didn't
simply misspell it.

If you're adding a box from HashiCorp's Atlas, make sure the box is
released.

Name: gmr/rmqid-primary
Address: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/gmr/rmqid-primary
Requested provider: [:libvirt]

I installed libvirt-daemon-vbox (since the instructions in the book involve installing VirtualBox), but that doesn't seem to change anything.

What other packages would I still need? Or am I doing something else wrong?
256377 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I gave up on the Vagrant box for now. As it turns out, RabbitMQ is pretty easy to install. There's a rabbitmq-server package in the Fedora repository, and a more recent package on the RabbitMQ website. After installing that, you can run this command to enable the web interface:
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
To get the Python samples to work, all you need is rabbitpy from pip.
I might try the Vagrant boxes again once I get to the chapter about clustering. But until then, it seems easier not to bother with it.