abergquist (178) [Avatar] Offline
When I first ran

create-react-app hangryhippo

from the Windows command window, I got the following error:

'create-react-app' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Google-ing that led me to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38977255/create-react-app-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command which directed me to add the following to my PATH environment variable:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules

For those watching the video who wouldn't think to Google the following:

'create-react-app' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

There was a short mention of the PATH environment variable; I recommend, though, that the video tell us that if we get the above error that we need to add the following to our PATH environment variable:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules

Zac Braddy (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hmmm, I had hoped that with this section of the course I was dangling a carrot for people to be able to help themselves if this problem came about. Apparently I haven't dangled it low enough smilie I'm sorry you had to be the person inconvenienced by me missing the mark with this.

I'll take some time to rethink my approach here and try and give a little more information. As per other threads I've answered I'm unsure of when this will come through but I'll definitely address it.

In the mean time, I'll eat my hat if there isn't at least one other person who finds this useful so I'm bumping it to the top!

Cheers
Zac