The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ceracm (113) [Avatar] Offline
The code for the book is now available: https://github.com/microservice-patterns/ftgo-application
The code for Tram (formerly known as Tarr) is here: https://github.com/eventuate-tram/eventuate-tram-core
Please don't hesitate to ask questions or provide feedback.

Thanks.
aurelije (7) [Avatar] Offline
I was terrified looking at code for chapter 5 and 6 (events) and seeing Domain model classes annotated with @Entity
aurelije wrote:I was terrified looking at code for chapter 5 and 6 (events) and seeing Domain model classes annotated with @Entity

It's an interesting trade-off: keeping your domain model technology independent vs. convenience/ease of development.

When annotation-based ORM first appeared I considered it impure and preferred XML-based ORM.
These days I am more pragmatic. smilie

39548 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi There,
How do I import the entire source code into eclipse oxygen, I tried importing as existing maven and gradle projects but was unsucessful.
Appreciate your help
Thanks
Ani
When I imported the Gradle project into Oxygen, i got compilation errors in the ftgo-order-service project related to the Cucumber libraries.
I've pushed change fixes that problem.
Please let me know if you have other issues.
One more thing: you need to run ./build-contracts.sh to build the contract-related projects before importing into Eclipse.
39548 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi ,
Yes it worked after the fix.
One more thing as I am on windows some of the things are not straightfoward.
Are you able to provide a step by step guide for running the application on windows.
e.g.
1.Dependencies to be installed , e.g. mysql , kafka ,cygwin etc
2.Any specific configuration to be touched upon
3.How to install and configure a local instance of docker
Thanks and regards
Aniruddha
449649 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, It will help to set up the workspace. I am still struggling to set up the workspace. If we want to go and debug the application then it will help us to understand the thing.
ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
It will be good if there is proper steps to run the same in the local machine.

There is some dependency on AWS too and i have set the credential in set-env.sh

I ran build-and-run.sh but it kept running for ever

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'rj-Vostro-3546' (0)
sleeping for mysql

ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
ranajit wrote:It will be good if there is proper steps to run the same in the local machine.

There is some dependency on AWS too and i have set the credential in set-env.sh

I ran build-and-run.sh but it kept running for ever

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'rj-Vostro-3546' (0)

--------------Current update--------------------

i have cleaned up everything and started with latest docker, docker-compose , java , awscli version now.

I was able to get the mysql steps running after that.

Now the code is waiting for ever at "preparing dynamodblocal table data"

AWS credentials are set in set-env.sh already