ceracm (102) [Avatar] Offline
The code for the book is now available: https://github.com/microservice-patterns/ftgo-application
The code for Tram (formerly known as Tarr) is here: https://github.com/eventuate-tram/eventuate-tram-core
Please don't hesitate to ask questions or provide feedback.

Thanks.
aurelije (7) [Avatar] Offline
I was terrified looking at code for chapter 5 and 6 (events) and seeing Domain model classes annotated with @Entity
aurelije wrote:I was terrified looking at code for chapter 5 and 6 (events) and seeing Domain model classes annotated with @Entity

It's an interesting trade-off: keeping your domain model technology independent vs. convenience/ease of development.

When annotation-based ORM first appeared I considered it impure and preferred XML-based ORM.
These days I am more pragmatic. smilie

39548 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi There,
How do I import the entire source code into eclipse oxygen, I tried importing as existing maven and gradle projects but was unsucessful.
Appreciate your help
Thanks
Ani
When I imported the Gradle project into Oxygen, i got compilation errors in the ftgo-order-service project related to the Cucumber libraries.
I've pushed change fixes that problem.
Please let me know if you have other issues.
One more thing: you need to run ./build-contracts.sh to build the contract-related projects before importing into Eclipse.
39548 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi ,
Yes it worked after the fix.
One more thing as I am on windows some of the things are not straightfoward.
Are you able to provide a step by step guide for running the application on windows.
e.g.
1.Dependencies to be installed , e.g. mysql , kafka ,cygwin etc
2.Any specific configuration to be touched upon
3.How to install and configure a local instance of docker
Thanks and regards
Aniruddha
449649 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, It will help to set up the workspace. I am still struggling to set up the workspace. If we want to go and debug the application then it will help us to understand the thing.
ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
It will be good if there is proper steps to run the same in the local machine.

There is some dependency on AWS too and i have set the credential in set-env.sh

I ran build-and-run.sh but it kept running for ever

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'rj-Vostro-3546' (0)
sleeping for mysql

ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
ranajit wrote:It will be good if there is proper steps to run the same in the local machine.

There is some dependency on AWS too and i have set the credential in set-env.sh

I ran build-and-run.sh but it kept running for ever

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'rj-Vostro-3546' (0)

--------------Current update--------------------

i have cleaned up everything and started with latest docker, docker-compose , java , awscli version now.

I was able to get the mysql steps running after that.

Now the code is waiting for ever at "preparing dynamodblocal table data"

AWS credentials are set in set-env.sh already