The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

abergquist (181) [Avatar] Offline
Since you indicated that React in Action is in production, I'll report things more often:

1) I believe you mean "simplify" in lieu of "simply" in the following sentence:

A major theme in React is a drive to simply otherwise complex tasks and abstract unnecessary complexity away from the develop

2) I believe you mean "developer" in lieu of "develop" in the following sentence:

Generally, the virtual DOM allows the complexity of change detection and management to be hidden from the develop and moved to a specialized layer of abstraction.

3) I recommend replacing the period at the end of the following sentence with a colon:

Figure 1.3 shows a simplified overview of the DOM and virtual DOM relationship that we’ll explore shortly.

- same for the following sentence found on p. 17:

Figure 1.4 shows a simplified version of the DOM tree structure you’ve probably seen in your webpages.

- same for the following sentence found on p. 28:

See figure 2.3 for a pretty version of what you’ll be building.