The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

echeadle (87) [Avatar] Offline
When running the command found on page 38: gcloud container clusters create kubia --num-nodes 3

I get:

ERROR: (gcloud.container.clusters.create) ResponseError: code=403, message=Required "container.clusters.create" permission for "projects/kubeinaction"

I tried setting permissions on the project, but it seems as though permissions are attached to the User. My account user has all permissions and I even set container permissions; that did not help. I can run other glcoud commands. I build a cluster with the UI and could describe and query the cluster, but I can't create the cluster from my workstation using the gcloud cli.

Any Ideas? This is the first time I have ever used GCP and I don't have the hang of the documentation or where things are.