The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

447276 (13) [Avatar] Offline
Just received the notification of new update i.e addition of new chapter 11. But, the pages 180-191 are blank.

I see the tick mark on the landing page of the book for that particular chapter, though.
450590 (1) [Avatar] Offline
+1 Yes, I also have the same problem.
313546 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Same here.. waited for these chapters long time ... errr
509319 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I've also experienced blank pages.
328049 (1) [Avatar] Offline
the same issue with my copy
422904 (7) [Avatar] Offline
same here as well on the PDF download
456712 (7) [Avatar] Offline
Identified the same, version 9's NLP chapter is full or errors and blank pages.
milind1944 (7) [Avatar] Offline
I have the same problems with my download
465060 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I also have the same problem. Pages from 180 - 191 on the book pages.
well folks it seems that manning does not give a fuck once you've paid the money. its been 4 days already and the author said he has notified the publisher as well. Correct me if i'm wrong but it should not take that long to fix an error if they cared about their readers. I feel cheated; after having waited for so long, an update finally arrives and its not even readable. It seems like they're doing it purposefully just so they could tick one chapter off the listing on the book's landing page. Otherwise, why even mark it as completed when you know its not?
I've emailed Manning support about this, and they've just told me that it should be fixed "within the next 1-3 days."
72104 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi
I had the same problem and reported to customer support. I would have expected a more useful answer than asking me to download the same faulty pdf again. I hope to get a more professional answer soon.
422904 wrote:I've emailed Manning support about this, and they've just told me that it should be fixed "within the next 1-3 days."

Thanks. Just got an email from Manning regarding it. Waiting for it to be fixed soon.
hi, there is a new post (dated 16 october) but still chapters 9,10,11 are faulty.
it is really weird how this is being handled...
72104 wrote:hi, there is a new post (dated 16 october) but still chapters 9,10,11 are faulty.
it is really weird how this is being handled...

thought it would be acted upon fast after receiving the official mail..oh well...
Hello,
unfortunately even today, 25 October, all pages in chapter 11 remain scrambled (blank) and I suspect that chapter 10 is somehow bad (ends abruptly and in the header shows chapter 2).
it would be nice if someone at Manning took care of this. It is a long time since the problem was initially raised. Many emails exchanged but nothing happened.
regards
a. aranda
Here’s what I just got back from their support email. Hopefully this means they’ve finally found the problem and are close to a solution.

The problem is bigger than what was initially expected. I believe the issue has to do with the inserts inside that are corrupting the text. As soon as it is resolved a new update email will go out.
313546 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Finally .......................