The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

183839 (2) [Avatar] Offline
The docker-compose up command fails due to the johncarnell/tmx-zipkinsvr:chapter9 doesnt exist in the public docker hub (https://hub.docker.com/search/?isAutomated=0&isOfficial=0&page=1&pullCount=0&q=johncarnell&starCount=0)
John C Carnell (44) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am going to have to look through the Chapter 9 Travis build. It looks like one of the config variables in the Travis build is munged and the build fails. The easiest way around this is to build the code locally. This will push a copy of all the docker images to your local docker repo. You can then run your docker-compose command and it should work. Docker when it can not find an image locally will try to go out to Docker hub or a private hub and try to pull the image down. Give me a couple of days to sort out whats going on with this particular Travis job.
Thanks,
John
183839 (2) [Avatar] Offline
John C Carnell wrote:Hi,

I am going to have to look through the Chapter 9 Travis build. It looks like one of the config variables in the Travis build is munged and the build fails. The easiest way around this is to build the code locally. This will push a copy of all the docker images to your local docker repo. You can then run your docker-compose command and it should work. Docker when it can not find an image locally will try to go out to Docker hub or a private hub and try to pull the image down. Give me a couple of days to sort out whats going on with this particular Travis job.
Thanks,
John

Yes, that? what i did and it worked.

Thanks