The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

119490 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, Are there typos in Listing 6.5? The given code does not work. No sample code is available at the manning site. Thanks

PS: In Listing 6.3, you need to add 'index' before '.html' for the code to work. FYI
Hi, I missed including the handle() function in the createServer instantiation. This became clear once I read Ch. 7. My mistake. There was no Typo.

I hope you plan to post Ch. 7 sample code soon. I can contribute my code for earlier chapters. Thanks.
TheWexler (62) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your post. I'll review chapter 6 and 7 code to ensure the instructions and explanations are clear. I'll also try to make sure all code listings are available through Manning. You can always check https://github.com/JonathanWexler/get-programming-with-nodejs where code will be posted and refined more frequently as it pertains to the book.
Update: Listing 6.4 error message: routes is not a function
Hi, I compared with Chapter 7 code, and found that indeed there was an error, not in Listing 6.5, but in Listing 6.4.
The current code in Listing 6.4 reads: function readFile(..., but should have been, based on Listing 7.6, let getFile = (...
This change worked. The Github code for serve_html_3 in Unit 1/ Lesson_6 corresponds to this and needs to be updated. Is this a scoping issue? Thanks
TheWexler (62) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for pointing that out. With the next release update I'm going to make a correction to that code and a few other inconsistencies. I'm happy to hear about any other issues you discover.