The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

475721 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Where can i find the source for chapter 4 (very beginning). It can't be located in the github repo . All the code in the master branch look like a complete app for me and the branch for chapter 4 is missing.
mark (60) [Avatar] Offline
Hey thanks for posting! I’m in the process of getting everything wrapped up. Each chapter is going to have its own branch you’ll be able the check out and use ??
475721 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for reply! Yes, surely. I'm very eager to start the app. But could you tell approximate time for waiting?
Thanks in advance!
I can't give an exact date but expect it very soon! smilie
148272 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Mark, i started chapter 4 but noticed the starter branch is still missing.

Do you have any estimate when it will be available ? Is there any alternative source where i can base myself to start with ?

Just wanna plan it for myself too so i don't get lost in the code after.

Thanks in advance, i'm enjoying the book so far smilie
409259 (6) [Avatar] Offline
Is there any update on this? I've just checked the book's repository but chapter 4 branch is missing.
Hey sorry! The final version of the book has the right branch names, but I need to update Github to make sure they're the same. I'll get to this as soon as I can! smilie Thanks for checking back in!
409259 (6) [Avatar] Offline
good to hear, thanks Mark
Hey all! The book is released and the source should have everything it needs in terms of branches
314077 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I'm looking for the code for the beginning of chapter 4 too. The github branch for chapter 4 shows the app at the end of the chapter (as intended).
hey! I am going to update the start code asap - had some personal things come up (good things) that have taken a ton of my time for the past couple months. Sorry for the delay! smilie you can also follow along at https://github.com/react-in-action/letters-social