justinc (15) [Avatar] Offline
CH8, p 288

I have created the data service and reference it in the home-list components. but I receive this error in a browser

home-list.component.ts (29,15): Cannot find name 'foundlocations'.

from this function
private getLocations(): void {
this.loca8r2DataService
.getLocations()
.then(foundlocations, function() {
this.locations = foundLocations;
});
}

I see this error in the console as well.

would it be possible to get these intermediate files posted to github? I could be placing them incorrectly since the book shows snippets but not entire files

simon.holmes (148) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

The data returned from the service - foundlocations In your code - is a parameter of the callback function in the .then when the promise resolves. The function should be like this:

this.loca8r2DataService 
    .getLocations() 
    .then(function(foundlocations) { 
    }); 
} 

Which is equivalent to this using arrow functions:

this.loca8r2DataService 
    .getLocations() 
    .then((foundlocations) => { 
    }); 
} 

Hope that helps!
Simon
justinc (15) [Avatar] Offline
I changed the code (and I did see the foundLocations in the chapter

I still receive these errors

ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/home-list/home-list.component.ts (30,2smilie: Cannot find name 'foundLocations'.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/loca8r2-data.service.ts (2,31): Expression expected.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/loca8r2-data.service.ts (2,39): Declaration expected.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/loca8r2-data.service.ts (2,40): Unterminated regular expression literal.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/loca8r2-data.service.ts (9,3): Multiple constructor implementations are not allowed.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/loca8r2-data.service.ts (11,3): Multiple constructor implementations are not allowed.
ERROR in C:/Users/jcalcagni/Documents/software/code/javascript/node/loca8r2/app_public/src/app/home-list/home-list.component.ts (30,2smilie: Cannot find name 'foundLocations'.

I added my data services and home list files if that helps

it almost seems like I had an error / typo but even after I'm saving it's not updating (or my files still have errors). hard to tell without comparing to what "should" be there