The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

375972 (4) [Avatar] Offline
After I download the source code for chapter 9, the image was built successfully. However, when I issue the following command:

docker-compose -f docker/common/docker-compose.yml up

I got:

common_redis_1 is up-to-date
common_database_1 is up-to-date
common_licensingservice_1 is up-to-date
common_zipkin_1 is up-to-date
common_zuulserver_1 is up-to-date
Starting common_kafkaserver_1 ...
Starting common_kafkaserver_1
common_eurekaserver_1 is up-to-date
common_configserver_1 is up-to-date
common_logspout_1 is up-to-date
Starting common_kafkaserver_1 ... error

ERROR: for common_kafkaserver_1 Cannot start service kafkaserver: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint common_kafkaserver_1 (fdcd4e2421cdbe89354d2ce0b67c38ad03dc991ed4bb49dd4fc76912fc248bf7): Error starting userland proxy: Bind for 0.0.0.0:9092 failed: port is already allocated

ERROR: for kafkaserver Cannot start service kafkaserver: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint common_kafkaserver_1 (fdcd4e2421cdbe89354d2ce0b67c38ad03dc991ed4bb49dd4fc76912fc248bf7): Error starting userland proxy: Bind for 0.0.0.0:9092 failed: port is already allocated
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Looks like there is something wrong with 0.0.0.0:9092 address binding. Any suggestion on how to fix that? Thanks.

Best,
Le
John C Carnell (44) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Let me start by apologizing for not getting back to you sooner. Alerts do not seem to be setup properly for postings. From the error message I am seeing, it looks you might already have that port allocated on your physical box.

Thanks,
John
vyurik (76) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Le,
Just wonder if you were able to run Chapter 9 successfully.
I have run time problems with this Chapter related to configuration.
Thanks,
Vitaly