The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Brother Bill (16) [Avatar] Offline
Just like React uses JSX, Elm should use Elmx.
This is much easier to write and to read, and just like JSX, it is converted to native elm.

This will make it much easier for the user to use Elm, rather than poky elm language.
Please consider adding this to the book.
24997 (12) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for letting us know about elmx! Good addition to the elm toolbox

https://github.com/pzavolinsky/elmx
340211 (1) [Avatar] Offline
This is more of a personal preference than a language standard so it makes no sense for it to be in the book.
rtfeldman (60) [Avatar] Offline
Brother Bill wrote:Just like React uses JSX, Elm should use Elmx.

I know using plain old function calls instead of a template can get some getting used to, but believe me, it makes life so much simpler once you've adjusted to it!

Plain function calls are overwhelmingly how it's done in the Elm community, and I think I'd be doing everyone a disservice to teach it any other way. smilie