The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Paolo Patierno (13) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
in one of the latest Kafka commits, the KStreamBuilder has been marked as deprecated so the new StreamBuilder should be used in the book examples.

Thanks,
Paolo
Bill Bejeck (47) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Paolo,

Right, but this book is targeting the 0.11.0 release, and the updated API won't come out until the next full release. Plus the API changes are still ongoing, so I think it's best to wait until we've finished the changes. For now, I'd like to keep the book on the current stable release. Depending on the schedule, I may update shortly.

Thanks,
Bill
spring4j (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

What are thoughts on KSQL. Will your book cover it.

thanks

Bill Bejeck (47) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I think KSQL is great, and a welcome addition to working with Kafka. I do plan on covering KSQL, but I'm sure exactly how at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

-Bill