353301 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Dear all,

I purchased this book 2 years ago when MEAP was first announced for two reasons

1) TOC looked promising
2) I believe in supporting new authors

But I am disappointed at the least seeing the (lack of) progress. One of the last messages from Manning mentioned author's inability to complete the project -- in which case I believe that they also owe an explanation who is the current author and at the same time the current status as well. Now I am asking for a refund as that seems to be a fair thing to do, given that there are much more literature available online about functional programming than 2 years ago.

A message from Manning Publications

Dear MEAP readers,

It's been several months since the last update on Grokking Functional Programming, and we owe you an explanation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, our original author is not able to finish the book. As a result, we've made plans to complete it with new authors. The team is up and running, and we expect to have new content for you soon.

Thank you again for your patience, and we sincerely hope that the final product will have been worth the wait for you. However, if you'd prefer to exchange this book for another, you can contact support@manningpublications.com to arrange a swap.

The Manning team