The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

180777 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Anthony.

The detail in your first edition was great. What new additional areas will you be covering in the second edition ?

One thing that has always been a major detraction for Manning books is that the sans-serif style of typography used is very very hard on the eye.

I realise it's the in-house style, but is there any prospect that you could get the final version of the book published in Times Roman ?

This makes for a far better reading experience.
anthony.williams (216) [Avatar] Offline
The new edition covers the new facilities from C++14, C++17 and the Concurrency TS.

I'll pass on your feedback about the typeface.
543708 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I agree that Times Roman would be _much_ better for actually reading something. That is what Latex uses as default and they are smart people, using the classic fonts developed over generations.