Crahun (34) [Avatar] Offline
In chapter 5 (asp.net core) it would be nice if you start the chapter showing the constructor signature. It's in all chapters but we need to start knowing it as start point to understand how to inject it. I was looking for this chapter and I didn't see it. Thanks for your work, it has very good quality.
Jon P Smith (16) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Crahun,

I think I see what you mean, but can you tell me which part is missing. Do you want me to include the ChangePubDateService class with its constructor, or are you asking about something else? You talk about
... start the chapter showing the constructor signature.
but I don't see where that would go.

Let me know what you think I should add, and the section number I should add it in.

PS. In the meantime if you want to look at the ChangePubDateService class you can find it in git repo, Chapter 5.
Crahun (34) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry, I'll explain deeper: In section 5.4 it would clearer if you put the dbcontext constructor signature to show us again that the argument that is going to be injected is of type DbContextOptionsBuilder. Just rewrite the "public EfCoreContext(DbContextOptions<EfCoreContext> options): base(options) {}" when talking about how to register the dbcontext into aspnet core dependency injection container.
Ok, I get what you are talking about - I'll have a look and see what I can do. I'll let you know what I have done, but any change won't get updated until the next MEAP release, which is a few weeks away.

Thanks for your input.
Hi Crahun,

I have just done a big update to the book and I have added the constructor signature you asked for. Sorry for the long wait, but I needed to get the whole book together before I did some of these updates. Your change will be in the early December MEAP release. Thanks for your input.

PS. The MEAP release in early December will have all the the content in it, but there will be some minor tweaks after then following another review.