raulgd (16) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I see that JBoss BPM Suite also includes Optaplanner, the constraint solver tool for planning problems, but this is not covered on the MEAP yet, and I don't see it on the book content list.
Are you planning to cover it as part of JBoss BPM? Or that's something that will be left uncovered in this book.
This would be really nice to have, as it's a very practical tool for business logistics.

Thanks!

EDIT: also FYI, in the first chapter of the book they mention the open source community being in github.com/droolsjbpm but since March it has been moved to github.com/kiegroup
Eric D. Schabell (17) [Avatar] Offline
raulgd wrote:
I see that JBoss BPM Suite also includes Optaplanner, the constraint solver tool for planning problems, but this is not covered on the MEAP yet, and I don't see it on the book content list.

Are you planning to cover it as part of JBoss BPM? Or that's something that will be left uncovered in this book.
This would be really nice to have, as it's a very practical tool for business logistics.

Thanks for your inquiry. The Optaplanner is a project in the Drools community and has been productized in the JBoss BRMS product. For this reason, even though the JBoss BRMS components are included in the JBoss BPM Suite product, it was not a focus of this book project. Instead I chose to focus more on the BPM domain and components that support the development of these types of projects.

raulgd wrote:
EDIT: also FYI, in the first chapter of the book they mention the open source community being in github.com/droolsjbpm but since March it has been moved to github.com/kiegroup

Yes, these have been updated in the last edits I provided to Manning. I am not sure when they will push these updates to the MEAP space. Stay tuned.