The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Troy DeJongh (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello!

A few comments regarding the Python snippet which introduces the Jupyter use in the Chapter 3 section "What is a Neural Network?" First, it wasn't immediately clear that the Python snippet was actually two columns. You might consider keeping it a single column of code (or include a picture of a screenshot after it's entered into a Jupyter notebook). Additionally, it might be worth explicitly mentioning that it's merely Python code that it being typed into Jupyter.

Lastly (and I'm probably not the first to notice or mentioned this), when I typed the snippet into Jupyter and ran it, it didn't print the value of 'pred' (which is what the text says it will do). I had to add a "print(pred)" statement to see any output. Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

--Troy