The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Mark Elston (133) [Avatar] Offline
When running the NW build example command on page 79 I get the following error and no build directory is created:

Latest Version: v0.23.4
    Using v0.23.4 (sdk)
    Create cache folder in C:\Users\mark.elston\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nw-builder\cache\0.23.4-sdk
    Using cache for: win64
    Create cache folder in C:\Users\mark.elston\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nw-builder\cache\0.23.4-sdk
    Downloading: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.23.4/nwjs-sdk-v0.23.4-osx-x64.zip
    Using cache for: linux64
      downloading [====================] 100% 0.0s
    (node:3964) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, symlink 'Versions\Current\Helpers' -> 'C:\Users\mark.elston\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nw-builder\cache\0.23.4-sdk\osx64\nwjs-sdk-v0.23.4-osx-x64\nwjs.app\Contents\Versions\59.0.3071.109\nwjs Framework.framework\Helpers'

Any ideas what is going on here and what can be done about it?

paulbjensen (39) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Mark,

I'll take a look for you. Could you let me know which OS you're running this on? Thanks.
Mark Elston (133) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. I'm on Windows 7 (x64).