The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

321488 (6) [Avatar] Offline
I have tried updating to spring cloud Dalston.SR1, and Spring Boot 1.5.2.

The functional Microservices work, but none of the Actuator or Management Endpoints etc. work anymore, For example
{
"timestamp": 1497878511774,
"status": 401,
"error": "Unauthorized",
"message": "Full authentication is required to access this resource.",
"path": "/metrics"
}

What have people updated to, what works ?
I believe there is a new security approach in Boot producing issue above, no longer a default approach will work,
above endpoints now require security...
The reason I upgraded is an issue in Turbine that seemed from other forums be due to old Cloud or Hysterix Version. I was
not able to get Turbine to work with the books versions.
321488 (6) [Avatar] Offline
Seems the above versions all work fine and fixed the security issue with
these in application.yml:

management:
__security:
____enabled: false

So having no security over management.
John C Carnell (44) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

This is John the author. Thanks for buying the book. They must have changed this behavior with the Dalston release. One of the challenges with the writing about open source frameworks is they tend to release and introduce small changes with every release. Thanks for the fix on the Dalston release. I am going to upgrade, play around with this and then post a note in the errata section.

- John
429776 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks John. Your support is highly appreciated.
sguillory6 (28) [Avatar] Offline
See here: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/wiki/Spring-Boot-2.0-Migration-Guide#spring-boot-actuator

Basically you have to prefix the 1.5.x endpoints with "actuator", i.e. /info -> /actuator/info