The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

451984 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

As I am reading the first part of this chapter. there seems to be - that is missing next to image
$ kubectl run test -image=luksa/kubectl-proxy:1.6.2 -n foo
deployment "test" created
$ kubectl create ns bar
namespace "bar" created
$ kubectl run test -image=luksa/kubectl-proxy:1.6.2 -n bar
deployment "test" created 

Also while trying the first example of the rolebinding (service-reader.yaml) namespace: foo is missing from the code.
and I was hit with this error.

kubectl create -f pv-reader.yaml -n foo 
Error from server (Forbidden): error when creating "pv-reader.yaml": clusterroles.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "pv-reader" is forbidden: attempt to grant extra privileges: [{[get] [] [persistentvolumes] [] []} {[list] [] [persistentvolumes] [] []}] user=&{[b]MYEMAIL[/b] [system:authenticated] map[]} ownerrules=[{[create delete deletecollection get list patch update watch] [] [pods pods/attach pods/exec pods/portforward pods/proxy] [] []} {[create delete deletecollection get list patch update watch] [] [configmaps endpoints persistentvolumeclaims replicationcontrollers replicationcontrollers/scale secrets serviceaccounts services services/proxy] []

it turns out that I needed to grant cluster-role for my user.
kubectl create clusterrolebinding myname-cluster-admin-binding --clusterrole=cluster-admin --user=myname@example.org

this is for GKE.

thanks

Marko Lukša (70) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you so much. You're absolutely right. I also see 1.6 is now the default version on GKE.

I'll update the chapter with this info.

Thanks again.